Version 5.0 Build History
Since its release as 'Build 1' in May 2000, Version 5.0 of the software has been updated with the following enhancements and code fixes. These are listed in descending order, with the last update at the top.
- Build 12 - 28th June 2003:
- Added a new menu option that will display information about the currently open data file (i.e. its full path, date created, date last modified, previous size, current size).
- Corrected an error in the reporting of the criteria applied during data file analysis. Previously, when analysing a 'no-keywords' file, although the analysis results would be accurate, if subsequently reviewing the criteria applied the field descriptions would not be listed correctly.
- Build 11 - 15th January 2002:
- Added a 'Find (text)' facility in the Response section of a data file.
- Corrected a problem concerning page footer text that would be encountered when creating Microsoft® Word Action Documents. Previously, when creating a series of such documents, one for each person to whom actions had been assigned, the additional footer text (e.g. Issue Date) would be included only in the first document. This text is now automatically included in subsequent documents unless overridden by the user.
- Build 10 - 1st December 2000::
- Modified the export to Microsoft ® Word of the general information from a data file (i.e. keywords, codes & risk matrix) so that this data would be 'printed' over two pages if necessary in a neater manner.
- Build 9 - 1st November 2000:
- Added a test when the default printer is changed to check whether the currently selected report printing fonts are supported by the new printer. Previously when a change of printer occurred, the program would always require that these fonts should be re-selected.
- Modified the functions for the export of reports to Microsoft® Word in order to cater for unusual text formatting within a HAZOP data file, such as a series of space characters in the middle of a sentence, or multiple lines of space characters at the end of a block of text.
- Build 8 - 9th October 2000:
- Corrected a problem that occurred when changing the screen display font from bold to normal (or vice versa) whilst viewing a Table (Node) Heading. In such circumstances the program would appear to freeze. This problem did not occur when changing fonts whilst any other section of the data file was being displayed.
- Build 7 - 2nd October 2000:
- Corrected a problem that occurred when print previewing an Agenda before adding any Table (Node) Headings. The program would display an error message 'Invalid internal record number'. This 'error' was completely benign, as it indicated only that the software had tried, and failed, to find any headings or entries in the data file.
- Build 6 - 3rd September 2000:
- Very minor modification… changed the button caption on the "Create new Study Data File" dialog from 'Open' to 'Create'.
- Build 5 - 1st August 2000:
- Added a new option to the Print Agenda dialog so that all Table (Node) headings can be listed, including those already reviewed. This facility allows agendas to fulfil a dual purpose… they can now also serve as a progress report for a review scheduled to last for many days or weeks.
- Corrected a problem which meant that when printing an Agenda with certain combinations of font size, paper size and number of text lines, the program would display an error message "Printing parameter error - please report to LTSS".
- Made significant changes to the program installation procedure in order to update, if necessary, certain Windows system files. The original release of Windows 95 dated July 95, as well as Windows NT 4.0 - Service Pack 1 or below, do not contain OLE DLL's (e.g. Oleaut32.dll, Olepro32.dll) compatible with the Microsoft FlexGrid control (i.e. the program's Risk Matrix). On many computers these DLL's would have been updated by the installation of other software such as Internet Explorer 4 or Office 97. However, as this may not be the case, the HAZOP program's installation procedure will now update the appropriate system files with the latest versions released by Microsoft. The compatibility of these new files with Windows 95, Windows 95-OSR2 (or 'B'), Windows 98, Windows 98-SE and Windows NT 4.0 has been tested and verified.
- Build 4 - 12th July 2000:
- Corrected a problem which occurred when a field contained the maximum number of characters allowed. In such circumstances the spell checking of that text would fail with the error message 'Change to word would exceed maximum field length' (even if no spelling mistakes were identified).
- Added a new menu option to move an entry within its keyword combination group, or for a review not using keywords, to any position within the Table or Node. This could be used to ensure that entries were printed within reports in the most logical order, rather than in the order in which they were identified and discussed during the meeting.
- Build 3 - 24th June 2000:
- Corrected a problem regarding the printing of analysis tabulations. The addition for V5.0 of a print preview facility in this procedure had introduced a bug which resulted in these tabulations being only partially printed.
- Implemented a work-around for a limitation within Windows 95 and 98 which means that long filenames within list boxes are displayed as the shortened DOS version. A file such as 'Headings for Detailed Reviews.hds' would now be listed correctly, instead of being shown as 'Headin~1.hds'.
- Modified the automatic export of analysis data to Microsoft ® Word so that borders would be automatically added to the resulting tables, rather than the user having to manually accomplish this via a Word menu option.
- Build 2 - 5th June 2000:
- Modified the definition of static controls to permit the use of ampersands within Headings Files. The standard Windows behaviour is to treat this character as a prefix to an accelerator key. A user defined heading containing 'P&ID' would previously have been displayed as 'PID', with the letter 'I' being the accelerator key for the associated column or input box.
- Corrected a problem which meant that if the program was installed under Windows 98, AND in a directory with a long filename (e.g. C:\HAZOP Version 5.0), then the list boxes that display Headings Files would be empty. This problem did not apply to Windows 95, NT 4.0 or 2000.